Monday, December 27, 2010

The Palaces in Snow...

So today we shall explore the Schoenbrunn and Belvedere palaces 'a la snowman' ;)



Here is the Gloriette off in the distance...there are some runners....this day was SO FREEZING COLD....the thought that they were exercising in this cold potentially made my lungs hurt....anyway....







die Gloriette....










I live off in that general direction....


and now....wait for it....wait for it....









THE VIEW!


:)











:)









The fountain a la frozen...











'Structured nature' a la snowman...











I hope all two of you who are reading this appreciate these pix...I still remember the wind was amazingly harsh and my face was FREEZING cold....ugh.....








Cool image, no?











Structured nature a la 'frozen sleep'....











The main entrance to the palace with school group heading to the Christmas market...









Here's the Belvedere palace....the thawed pools within the pool are due to the Christmas lights...










The view of the 'backyard' :)










St. Stephan's cathedral in the distance...











Looking up....












Looking down....










And the end....beautiful palaces in snow a la Frozen Aaron ;)