Monday, February 1, 2010

Spain to Vienna in a jet plane - what views!





Well, time for 'crazy travel time' to begin (I'll be travelling almost non-stop for the next two months...just makes me tired thinking of it....so I won't!)...I am beginning by travelling from Spain to Austria. I will be meeting some friends of mine, whom I haven't seen in 7 years, in the Alps for a ski trip. So tah-tah sunny Spain and hello Osterreich!



First of all I couldn't believe this...the name of his company is FlyNiki. It has a GIANT fly on the side of the plane and a fly inside talks to you and welcomes you on the journey, LOL!



I don't know....I don't think I would've chosen a fly as my mascot....but oh well...to each their own....







There you are beautiful Torremolinos! Goodbye, au revoir and auf wiedersehen!
















What a view! How beautiful you, Costa del Sol, you!












Umm...yeah....I actually had to ask the flight attendant because I wasn't sure, whether or not 'Niki' was a fly or a mosquito, LOL!










Just outside of Malaga, the hills and mountains start....













I am not sure if these snowy mountains are the ones around Granada, but I think so....












There below is what I think (per confirmation with Google Maps) is Barcelona...that is another part of Spain that I need to go visit!








This....tricky...it's France, but I don't know where...I thought it was Nice, but Google Maps....Nice doesn't look like that, but looks more like a place called St. Raphael....hmm....anyways, it's France! ;)




Looking over the French/Italian Alps you can see that HUGE 'valley' that slopes down into Italy and where the Po River begins...(that is such a joke for German speakers - 'Po' means 'butt'...so just imagine for German kids in history class when they are learning about the Romans or Etruscans....'and the Butt River was very important...' 'Hahahaha!' LOL)




That is the Italian coastline....and down below is where Christopher Columbus came from....








GENOA!!











This city...I don't know....I think that is the Po River off in the distance....I think it could be Ferrara (per Google Maps), but I am not sure...I just thought it was interesting how 'suddenly' this whole Italian plain was white with snow....and then suddenly another part was not....interesting stuff....



What is that peeking out of the corner?!


VENEZIA! Beautiful Venice!









Then here we have the mountainous border of Italy and Slovenia....









And now we head 'north' towards Vienna. If you click this photo you can see a city in the middle....this is Graz, one of the major cities of Austria...









Not sure, but the plane's computer said this was 'Eisenstadt' - Iron City, another city in Austria...













ANNDDD....LANDED! ;)


I hope you enjoyed the aerial view of the flight from Malaga to Vienna....I know I did!






Thanks Niki the Fly! :)