Monday, December 7, 2009

London School Trip #1





So the time arrived to head off to London for another workshop-thingy for my university. I have to admit I stood outside the airport here in Malaga for an extra 15 minutes or so just trying to soak up as much sun as I could before flying into ´London Fog´. (It ended up being nice in London, for London anyway, but...)



I don´t know what I´m going to do when I have to leave Malaga. I love it here SO much - and largely just because of the sun!







Here is the inside of the airport. I thought it was interesting being that this airport is named after Picasso the lack of artwork in there....hmm....maybe it was built during Franco´s (fascist) time....



















I´ve commented often about how I love smoking warnings in Europe. Here it says ´smoking can kill´ No fooling around....











So I arrived in London and guess where the bus dropped me off - does this address ring a bell?

No? How about Élementary my dear Watson....´ ?

Now even though he was ´fake´and used cocaine, it´s still interesting nevertheless to see where he ´lived´....in so many people´s minds :)









I went inside....it is a tourist shop, but still, fun to say that you were there.....












Ugh, talk about swine flu! People put the pipe IN their mouths! Yarg! Bad for these times says I...








Thanks Sherlock. My favorite movie about him was Ýoung Sherlock Holmes´that Steven Spielberg did back in the day. We´ll have to see how the new one with Robert Downey Jr. goes (but since RDJ is great! I am sure it will be too...)












I went to my very good friend, Maria Seme´s birthday afterwards....thanks for the invite, Maria and...



FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS!!









The Christmas decor in Piccadilly Square area and Oxford Street was strongly themed around the new movie Á Christmas Carol´with Jim Carrey (it´s an animated film though). I went and watched it....WHOA! Now I understand why that song says ´there´ll be scary ghost stories and tales of the glories of Christmases long, long ago!´ I grew up watching ´Mickey´s Christmas Carol´, so Goofy was quite a funny and ´kind´Jacob Marley....umm....I think maybe the play I saw about á Christmas Carol´and this film are probably truer to the original Dickens - SCARY! AHHH!













Ít´s beginning to look a lot like Christmas´....



This is near Leicester Square (aka Theatreland)....