Monday, June 7, 2010

Budapest Trip II: Buda Theater and Danube


So after soaking in the Gellert thermal bath (wonderful, yet again, definitely recommend it) I hurried on my way and was blessed to get to my date with the Hungarian State Folk Ensemble in the Buda Theater....



Here is the Theater outside...again, pretty snazzy looking on the outside....






















The corridor....















Just not as nice as the Danube Palace....but oh well....
















That guy is like 'why are you taking my picture?!' Funny how we ALWAYS think that the center of the universe is ourselves....(meaning, I am NOT taking a picture of HIM, but I am taking a picture of the theater ;)

















So what did you think of the show? I know, these guys were more explicit in their 'no photos' so I didn't...


But I'll say it, the group at the Danube Palace was better (even though I noticed the 'rocking Flute player' was playing at the Buda Theater as well...). But there was plenty of jumping, knee-slapping, boot-kicking going on - the Hungarians definitely have a 'fire' in them!


So as I was walking towards my motel I decided to take a look at the Parliament buliding....


LOOK AT THAT! Isn't that cool?! They lit the Parliament up with the Hungarian flag and the 'Holy Crown'! I just thought that was cool (later found out it is to celebrate the sitting of a new Parliament as well as....Hungary's 'National Day')...


However, just look at the Danube....even that night (as it was raining on me :) I was like 'that water is SO high!' and then I LITERALLY saw a WHOLE tree float down the Danube....


No wonder my boat ride got cancelled due to high water (I read the email as I got to my motel that night :(


Just look how high that water is!!


The next day I saw the road that is right in front of the Parliament...it was UNDER water! YIKES!







Well, nevertheless, you look beautiful!


Gute Nacht, Parliament building....