
I guess the name of this post gave it away, but guess what - WE'RE IN BUDAPEST AGAIN!
Time to get my crown, i.e. the tooth kind, and so I had 2 options - I could go and then come back and forth between Vienna twice or I could just stay in Budapest for 5 days - oddly enough the cost was about the same. So here is to a week in Budapest! Nice-looking street...I was disappointed with the weather...still cold and raining and it's the beginning of JUNE! But who am I to be a stickler over dates, normal weather patterns, etc.? ;)

There you go, off in the distance you can see St. Stephan's Cathedral....

Excuse me sir, have you considered exercise? Does so much for the gut rather than just standing here...honestly! ;)

There is St. Stephan's Cathedral! I like the 'look' of the photo....buildings leading to the church, etc....cool...
Peek-a-boo! The Cathedral is saying goodbye, cuz now we're on our way to the....

OPERA! The great thing about Budapest is that everything is SO MUCH cheaper....the seat I got for about $30 would normally cost about $100+ in Vienna! So should be exciting....
The outside looks 'ok'....
And the inside corridors look 'pretty good'....
I am SO impressed with this opera house! HOW BEAUTIFUL!
Enjoy the view! As you can hear me say this is the NICEST opera house I have ever been in! Beautiful! Another kudos to Budapest!
Enjoy the view! As you can hear me say this is the NICEST opera house I have ever been in! Beautiful! Another kudos to Budapest!

Sorry about the fuzziness of the pic - it's the only one I had of the stage....
Wow....how COOL! The auditorium holds 1261 seats. It is horseshoe shaped and - according to measurments done in the 1970s by a group of international engineers - has the 3rd best acoustics in Europe after the Scala in Milan and the Paris Opera House.

Beautiful!

The ceiling....'ooh....ahhh'.....

The opera house's AC/heating system :)

View from the boxes...

More stairs....

'Refreshment' lounge....

Outside shot of the opera house during the break....

So here is the cast of Handel's 'Xerxes' during the applause. I find Hungarians REALLY funny people! I think they have my kind of a sense of humor! Really sarcastic and 'weird', i.e. during one part they had one character take the main character off in a rolling trash bin while he was still singing....there were SO many funny parts to an opera which I gathered from Wikipedia was kind of a love, tragedy, sad thing...kind of....anyways....The Hungarians are REALLY funny! I like them...







