
So, here we are....off to where Maria lives in South Shields, just outside of Newcastle, England....

Here is the street Maria lives on....I told her several times I felt like I was on an English movie set.....
I was excited to see Durham cuz there is a university there that is really good in history....
And here we are, the world-famous cathedral of Durham! Durham used to have a Prince-Bishop, that means that governmental and religious power were combined in the Prince-Bishop. The cathedral is known as being a masterpiece of Norman/Romanesque architecture and was finished in the 1100's....



LOVE THE VIEWS!!

Hope you're not afraid of HEIGHTS!

There is the Durham 'castle' where the Prince-Bishop used to live. It's now part of the University of Durham....

The famous twin-towers of Durham cathedral, with the river down below....
Entrance to the castle....
The castle courtyard....I didn't understand why all the tourists weren't coming in....I walked right past a sign that said 'closed due to univeristy final exams' !!!! What a maroon!

'That guy' and the Durham castle in the background...I just noticed I was wearing my UCL shirt...I wonder if the locals were offended....

a street in Durham...so cute ;)

Market square, complete with church (not much inside that was interesting) in background...

Cathedral complete with river...how beautiful!
View of river and Cathedral from bridge....loverly....
I told Maria that Durham is how I expected England to be....maybe it's just from all those Robin Hood movies I've seen over the years....
Thanks a mil, Maria for showing me around!
Here is a landscape shot...I was surprised that SO MUCH of England is farm land! I always thought it was...post-industrial, brick project houses....not so, not so....
Here is a landscape shot...I was surprised that SO MUCH of England is farm land! I always thought it was...post-industrial, brick project houses....not so, not so....
Germany - a great place to visit when you've got time to spare.....WHAT?!! Yeah, that really...rings your bell doesn' it?!
'Yeah, if you've got nothing better to do, then...maybe Germany, you might want to maybe, sort of kind of, consider it....' WHATEVER!
Now to get everything cleaned and ready cuz Daddeeo is coming in 2 days!!











