
So I have one more year of 'writing up' for my PhD dissertation and I was standing in my dorm room in Berlin the first week of September and a thought suddenly came to me: 'WHY AM I STAYING HERE?!' I had lived in Berlin for 3 years; wanted to get to know a new place; etc. So I wrote my university and supervisor and they said I could go wherever...that of course is interesting, because then it's like 'wherever? WHERE?!' Soo many choices, but in the end I decided on Vienna. OH Vienna, how your Schnitzel calls me; and your opera and symphony halls call me....I accept....
So these are pix of my journey down. My train took me through Saxony and then the Czech Republic. Czech was VERY agricultural and a little more flat than I expected (it was interesting to see the place where so many of my refugees that I interviewed came from)...


This is the cathedral in Brno (Brunn in German), Czech.

This shall be 'home' for a while. A very nice family, Family 'S', has taken me in and are looking after me. I live in the west-west part of the city, almost outside of the city...so it's nice and quiet, surrounded by forests, but then also got an U-Bahn and a tram station nearby, so well-connected. I am most grateful. ;)
