
So I was walking by the Staatsoper (State Opera house) and it said 'La Boheme Live am Platz' (live in the square) on Thursday. I thought hmm...looks to be fun! And even better, it was free!

Here I am excited about the upcoming performance on the huge screen...

Here are my fellow watchers...

And there they go...singing, singing...Puccini, I didn't realize I'd heard your music before (I'd never seen 'La Boheme'), but I can tell you're definitely...I think that different cultures and even the sexes have different...'rulers' for things. For example, I was crying...I thought the story was sad and the words were beautiful...BUT, then, Puccini being Italian, and from another era, kept on dragging, and dragging and dragging her death out! I was sad that she was going to die like 20 minutes earlier, but by the end I was like 'OH DO IT ALREADY!' ;) Crazy eh? (Same thing with 'You've Got Mail', as a man I was like this movie should have ended where Meg Ryan is sick and sitting on her bed...that was for a white, middle-class male the 'perfect moment', yet...it was written, produced and directed by Nora Ephron who seemed to also want to make this 'utter last moment' last and last and last and last....till, at the end, the 'finale' was overdue and I didn't care :) Just my opinion, but I digress...back to the opera...

There is no doubt, the 'Rodolfo', his voice was great! So take a bow, take a bow...
So I hope you enjoyed Open-Air 'La Boheme', I did....