Monday, November 2, 2009

St. Peter's....in Vienna :)



This is St. Peter's Church near 'the Ditch' area of downtown Vienna. I just went inside and thought what a beautiful church it was....

It was supposedly founded by Charlemagne in 800, but the first time it's officially mentioned in 1137.

I just like visiting churches and I found this one especially pretty....I keep on mentioning that, because I have some other comments about it....




See...pretty.....


pretty....

Pretty and now for the details, since 1970 this church belongs to the 'Knights of Opus Dei' - ACHHH! Just in time for me in my already 'the Illuminati are going to get us' mood, here's something else to feed the fire....
Hmm....and I guess I'll leave it at that. At the front I was just looking at some paintings and then I look underneath 'the altars', there are SKELETONS there with gems all over their rib cages and bones and clothing! Seriously, that is one thing I remember seeing in Catholic churches when I was little and that I still haven't gotten over....yikes!