
So after seeing Mom´s Butterfly Flora, we continue our march down the hill and see....
LA PLAZA DE TOROS! OLE!
Stop tempting me....can you witness something, even if you don´t agree with it, just in an effort to understand a country´s culture better? (Does this sound like rationalization, LOL?! Honestly though, it´s not and that is what is going on in my head....hmmm)

Ole!
So this neighborhood or barrio is called Malagueta.

And here we are in the Playa Malagueta (Beach Malagueta).

Fun time, photo! The beach....

Larger view....

Mom, these flowers are for you :)

And there you go. I think it seems ok, but it´s November and I froze last time I went into the sea, so no more for now, gracias....but as long as you´re in the sun, this place is warm and wonderful!!

Here is the Lighthouse of Malaga, with cool, fancy ferry-boat and then the Cathedral in the background....

Up on Gibralfaro hill I looked down at the harbor and saw a boat with sails that I hadn´t seen before. I wanted to see it. I was so grateful I got there just in time as the ALEXANDER von HUMBOLDT with GERMAN flag left the port and sailed off into the sea!
von Humboldt was a German explorer who had explored areas of the Americas. It was moving by motor, but still, to see that kind of ship with sails was cool....
I have always been afraid of the ocean, but living next to the Mediterranean is making me VERY interested in the water....

Super-fancy-modern ferry boat - it looks totally like a boat from a James Bond movie I saw...

This view just kills me....take away the constuction and newer buildings and just have the galleon(?) Holy Trinity with the Cathedral in the background and suddenly we´re back in the 1700´s....and who says time travel isn´t possible?! We just did! :)

The port, ships and Alcazaba and Gibralfaro up on the hill....
´Camelot!! Camelot!!...´ I sang that almost every time I saw Alcazaba...doesn´t it look like a ´Camelot´of sorts?
So when JFK was in the war there was a time when he.... .......... oh wait, sorry, that doesn´t say PT 109....nevermind :)
Viel Gluck, Alexander von Humboldt boat!!

I want to tour this boat next, but my ticket to Alcazaba expires in 1.5 hours, so....it will just have to wait, ok? Thank you for your understanding in this matter....
City Hall...I know you´ve seen this before, but I liked it....

Christmas decor is up all over. I think though they wait until next Sunday (last Sunday in November) for a procession of the Virgin Mary that they will do, then I guess the ´Christmas season´is officially open - all of this is a guess though....

Euphorbia pulcherrima, commonly known as poinsettia, is a species of flowering plant indigenous to Mexico and Guatemala. The name "poinsettia" is after Joel Roberts Poinsett, the first United States Minister to Mexico, who introduced the plant into the US in 1828.
Funny stuff, eh? but purdy....
Well, I hope you enjoyed our ´second act´, i.e. la Malagueta, Malaga Port and listening to the moral dilemma-discussion going on in my head right now concerning going to the Bull Ring....
OLE!



