Saturday, November 21, 2009

Concierto ín Malaga Cathedral





So as I took the tour of Malaga Cathedral I noticed a poster saying that there would be a free concert this weekend! Me loves free, so I do! So I went into Malaga, took the ´second half´of the Malaga city post pictures and then went to the concert....














The local...I think it was put on by the local cultural ministry, organized the concert. I was grateful - culture is good.....










The public awaits the beginning....

But I guess culture isn´t ´fun´. It was an organ concert with music from the 1700´s and 1800´s. It was interesting to watch as the time passed how many people got up and actually left! I guess classical organ isn´t for everybody, LOL!












I still LOVE these ceilings. As I sat there I started noticing details in the designs. If you hit this photo you can see for yourselves. On the edges of the ´circles´there are eight ´two towers´ designs around the circle. This shows that I talked about earlier about how the cathedral was supposed to have two towers, but never got that second one....

Poor Óur One-Armed Lady´....




I was sitting on the side, so I got up to go see what was going on on the displays....












They found this guy from Spain who has THREE ARMS! He was brought in to play the pieces because they are made for two people to play and....

Gotchya! There really were 2 organists.... ;)









There is the choir. LOVE EET! I think it is just the wood and the carving and the....beautiful of it all!











One of the sculptures....such talent to make that....amazing!


















Well, thanks Malaga Cathedral...I have to admit the music wasn´t that great (why is it that experts never....they get so wrapped up in their skill that they get bored with ´classics´that everyone knows and likes....instead they find these úgh´pieces that no one likes and then wonder why everyone is bored! I used to listen to NPR every morning and evening and they do the same thing...never a recognizeable Mozart or Bach piece...always somekind of weirdo, experimental piece that never saw the light of day in 1747 when it was written....sorry....I shall now stop my bitterness....) but I was still grateful for the cultural experience....







Au revoir, Malaga Cathedral! I think you´re BEAUTIFUL!