
OF COURSE the theme song to 'Mr. Belvedere' is playing through my head, haha! 'Life is more than mere survival...it seems like we might just live the good life, yet!'

AND HOW! How'd you like to 'live the good life' in this palace?
Well, I just read up on Wikipedia and I am now disappointed. I was told that this was a gift to Prince Eugene of Savoy in gratitude for his having defeated the Turks. Umm...no such info on Wikipedia....disappointing. So...

'Just the facts, ma'm'...I guess that means that I can say that this is the back entrance to Belvedere Palace completed in 1723 by Prince Eugen of Savoy, who was quite the popular fellow in Vienna with his several very important victories against the invading Turks....

An up-close shot of the other side and then....

'AHHH!' (angelic choir ;) Luv eet! Vienna, with Stephansdom, is at your feet! Loverly, loverly...

This is the 'Upper' Belvedere finished in 1723....
Twirly, swirly gardens - Prince Eugene was born in Paris...can you tell? :)

Wowzuhs!

Purdee...

I was SO grateful for the good weather! It was yuck weather before and yuck weather after....2 days of 75+ and sunshine = miracle!

That is the 'Lower Belvedere'. Prince Eugene built that first, completed in 1716.

Dar Fountain...

Beautiful....

Looking from the Lower Belvedere to the Upper Belvedere...

A lot of the fountains though were weird. Several involved boys or men pulling the hair or cutting open somekind of demon/mermaid/monster thing and then the 'thing' would spit out water....weird... 'Hey, let's pull its hair and see what it does...' 'Ok!'

