Monday, May 24, 2010

Budapest to Vienna...and back, DOH!



Well, thank you Budapest! You were loverly and so were your people...however, no tears, we shall see each other again in about 2 weeks - my tooth demands it! ;)

Here is the 'Eastern Train Station'...kind of nice, eh?




There you go...Keleti (Eastern) and that other word, train station LOL!









BIG! Cool....










And here we go....here is our trusty RailJet that runs between Budapest and Munich with a drop-off in Vienna....I'm on my way!







I was really surprised by how 'flat' Hungary was...it makes sense now that the Romans wanted it for farm land(?)....

Anyways...very flat...





Here we are...the hole that once was Southern Train Station in Vienna! I arrived here last year and now...it's gone!

But, we're not heading TOWARDS Vienna in this pic, we're heading AWAY from Vienna....why you might ask? Cuz Mr. Forgetting-Things left his wallet in the hotel! AHHHH! Realized this somewhere in the middle of Hungary...I wasn't sure what to do, but went and asked if there was anyway to get back to Budapest and then back to Vienna before the day was out (3 hour trip) and they were like 'sure'....so there you have it! Here we go, down the same stretch that we just saw.....hmm....I don't know...maybe God helps me or maybe I'm just getting old, but when things happen like this now I'm just like 'yup, makes sense...' Anyway...so hang on everybody...here we go to Budapest again!



At least this way I knew where I wanted to take pix....here are my beloved Don Quixotean Windmills!








There had been a great deal of flooding in Poland, Hungary, etc. We had to pass by this flooded land VERY slowly....








I had two hours before my train left Budapest, so, to the subway, Boywonder!








I walked into the hotel, they recognized me, gave me my wallet and then I ran to catch the tram to the train station....

and Voila! The Eastern Train Station again....now we can leave, FOR REAL THIS TIME, to Vienna! ;)









Where's my train?!

Just kidding, it was on another track....all's well that ends....right?

Right...