
So I am in London again and my meeting with my professor went well. It was kind of exciting cuz we filled out the paperwork to submit my dissertation in September! I will get a PhD in German history....it just feels good cuz it feels like I'm 'closer' than being so far away....
So I decided to go see 'Peter Pan' the actual play...probably cuz I have 'Peter Pan' syndrome (I won't grow up!), but also cuz I thought it would be interesting to see the actual play...
On the way to the Barbican where the play was going to be (it's funny how you can pass by things and only THEN suddenly do you see something that was there all along) and I saw a little plaque on the bottom right of the photo....

What a beautiful experience! I just find that to be a wonderful mercy from God...

This time I was in another 'theater' within the Barbican complex....it looked SO STRANGE!
'Otherwordly', but also...something having to do with a mine or something ;) Quite interesting....

So...this play wasn't exactly the JM Barre play of 'Peter Pan'...it was 're-set' in Edinburgh of the 1800's and ALL the characters had Scottish accents - actually was pretty cool (my favorite word to hear a Scotsman say is 'WORLD'...love it!)....

Like I said...otherworldy...but...on a mining planet or something :)
In the end Peter was great! He looked a lot like a guy named Matt from my high school and I loved Wendy's 'accent'....

So, my friend Corneliu from Dublin arrived. He had never been to London and so I invited him over and told him I'd show him the sights....
Here is Wembley Park! I'd never been there, but Corneliu had the idea that we should go try to get soccer tickets for the English championship.....umm....they were sold-out! Oh well....at least we got to see Wembley Park!
Here is Corneliu waiting for the train back to town...

Here is Corneliu waiting for the train back to town...
We ended up finding a pub and watched the game while we ate lunch...

I took Corneliu all over, but all these places are in other blog posts or in my England blog....so these pix will be more, 'what I thought interesting that day'....
I decided to take Corneliu to see the Rosetta stone, this is the skylight of the British Museum....

I just like it....so geometric-y and nature....very 'cool' synthesis...
That oval building to the right used to be the old British Library....


It was in the old British Library that Karl Marx would read and read and read, so that he could write and write and write...
See kidz! Books are dangerous things! :)
Here is a shot of Covent Garden (artsy place) with a crowd watching one of the many street performers...
The Iceland volcano blew up again and grounded Corneliu's plane, so he made it back to Dublin on a boat....craziness!
I leave London now and head to...Budapest! to get better teeth!





