Oh Mom....how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
I love you cuz you are, and I've always thought, so beautiful!
I appreciate the talented, enthusiastic and intelligent woman that you are....
Thanks for having FIVE kids, when the doctors always told you that it would be better for your health if you hadn't....

Thanks for singing me to sleep when I was little, having woken up from a nightmare. Thanks for being patient and taking the time to answer all of those questions that I had my whole life. Thanks for teaching me how to tie a tie! Thanks for encouraging me to keep a journal (a result of which is probably me keeping up the blog). Thanks for introducing me to your Chicken Enchiladas and Corn Chowder! Thanks for slipping me money whenever I hit the road on a school trip of somekind just to make sure I'd be ok. Thanks for talking to me for hours on end about what we'd read in Time, People or the newspaper - I enjoyed every moment. Thanks for teaching me to be independent and do my own laundry, clean, get a job, etc. - these are things I see lacking in young people today. Thanks for showing up smiling at my endless choir concerts, band concerts, football games and plays. Thanks for teaching me responsibility - I never had a curfew during my teen years. Thanks for teaching me the importance of tithing! Thanks for being my 'mail lady' for all of these years - that's HUGELY appreciated! THANKS for always keeping in touch and letting me know through your actions that you love me....
Just in case you missed the 'theme' of my Mother's Day message to you, Mom, it's one of gratitude and THANKS :)
THANKS, THANKS, THANKS for EVERYTHING you've done for me!
Have a wonderful day, Mom and just know that I've loved you from the beginning; I love you now; and I always will love you!