
Some people start the day with breakfast...my dad prefers to start the day with...SOUVENIR-SHOPPING!!
Once again...doing what he does best.... LOL!

So after the excitement of the souvenir 'compare-shopping', we made our way to the Jubilee Synagogue. I WISH IT WAS OPEN! Grr...
This synagogue was built in 1906 and was named in honor of the silver jubilee of Austrian Emperor Franz I...
Let us in!!

Just walking through town and making our way towards those double-spires in the background....

Tons of movies are shot in Prague, 'Les Miserables' with Liam Neeson, lots of mediaeval movies, etc...

Here we have Tyn Church...kind of the 'central' church....
I thought it looks Klingon...or Asian...but nevertheless no photos were allowed :(

There is the world-famous Clock Tower....shall we?

The world-famous Clock Tower is largely famous for having the world-famous Astronomical Clock...


After the central square we made our way towards the old Jewish Quarter. Here is a statue entitled 'Kafka'....Yep, that's Kafka! LOL!
Go to Wikipedia if you'd like to see photos of the inside...again, we were DENIED!

Slowly but surely we made our way to a bridge and what is that in the background?! Why it is PRAGUE CASTLE! (claimed to be the largest 'castle' in the world...meaning 'castle complex'...)
Tally-ho!

Where the philharmonic plays....

This is Prague's monument to 'the Struggle against Fascism'....i.e. Germans annexing part of Czechoslovakia and then afterwards invading....

How tranquil, no?

View of town on other side of Charles Bridge...

View of square in front of St. Nicholas's Church. Prague castle in the background and that is our Ziel (German for goal), but we must enter first...
Ceiling of small side chapel....

golden altar...

above the altar...

Beautiful dome, no?

View from above....

Nice...

Down on the bottom floor again....
Mozart played the organs in this church...hence why maybe we had to pay to get in when others are free, HMPH!

And we continue our journey up the hill towards the Castle...

I just thought this was funny...I hate to think that someone 'famous' had a statue made of themselves and their name was 'Toileta' (that is how you would say the word out loud in German).....
I'd also hate to think that that might have been a toilet... :)
But still...an interesting view, no?

So the spires of Prague Castle are actually St. Vitus Cathedral LOL! (I thought the spires were an actual castle)
So...there's been a church here for over 1,000 years but apparently this Gothic cathedral was built in the 1300's...
Let's take a peek!
Beautiful....
I really liked the windows (obviously done later - 1800's)...

Looking back....WOW!

the doors...
I really like the whole Gothic look....bery nice...

The red building is St. George's chapel...REALLY weird though cuz it has a Baroque facade, but then (per spires in back) it is TOTALLY Norman/Romanesque in the back LOL! What a combo :)
Back of the Cathedral...
HMPH!
Oh well...there's the cathedral in the back...
WAHOO!
I got my view and for that I am SO grateful! Thanks Heavenly Father...

Every once in a while I would tell dad to turn around and I'd take his pic or I'd tell him that something was a good photo. Here he was in a silly mood and just spun around - phunee guy!

Here is a church called the Loreta. We got there just as the bells were chiming...pretty, but it also meant that the church was closed :(




















