Monday, August 9, 2010

Prague, Prag, Praga, Praha...


So welcome to Praha as they Czechs call it!



Here we are looking up at the National Museum. Our hotel is right around the corner and what a difference a few stars under the name makes LOL!









Here is a memorial on the main strip to the victims of communism....























Ding-ding! Old electric trolley....


















I just liked the details of this school's walls....












I LOVED THIS! So true, so true...



My interpretation was 'the construction equipment' builds something and then tanks come and blow it up...construction builds something then war blows it up....and on and on and on into infinity!



So it seems is our modern-day Rothschild-Gadianton robber controlled world...but....I digress....





So tru, so tru....













On to more pleasant things like....



PRAGUE CASTLE and the Vtlava river!









The National Theatre.....













So many of my pix are of my dad taking pix...just thought this one was funny....










Loverly....










Saw this in a postcard....cool building, eh?









Another view....











Preh-ee (as the English would say ;)










Oh great! How'd he get in there again?!

When is this guy going to get a life and graduate from high school already?! LOL....






Panorama - lovely....






:)











:)












Looking back towards the bridgeg we'd crossed earlier....








This is a monument to all victims of totalitarian communism....


I thought it was well-done...the slow and progressive destruction of an individual....so sad what they had to endure...













St. Nicholas Church in the background....
















Czech lands were always known for their crystal work (a lot of the Sudeten Germans were involved in this kind of work) - I LOVE crystal....and I don't know why....






:)


My dad at his tourist-shopper best LOL!









Charles Bridge....lovely....










With Prague Castle in the background...










Heading over the bridge towards 'Old Town'....










Looking back....simply beautiful!











Apparently 'Don Giovanni' had its debut here in Prague. They do this puppet version of the opera every day here....kind of fun...











So after some needed food refreshment (and being looked at by our Scandinavian neighbors like 'you Yankee pigs! How much do you need to eat? Don't you know you're causing world poverty and Global warming by your choices?!....at least that is what I thought they were thinking LOL, I could just be paranoid :)


Here is the Charles Bridge gate...

Sorry for the 'fuzz', but my camera tried its best...


Beautiful though, no?









Truly one of the best nighttime views ever!










So we made our way towards central square with Tyn Church in the back....










And here you have the Clock Tower.


Well, thank you Prague for a wonderful first day...twill be interesting to see what wonders lie ahead for tomorrow....