Saturday, October 30, 2010

Zimbabwe - Bungee Jump and Sunset Cruise


So...I warned you....



There is the Zambezi bridge....Cecil Rhodes had it built so that passengers could feel the 'mist' from Victoria Falls....



So what does one do with bridges?....







Jump off them to their deaths of course!!









And that's what we did...sans the dying part....


I didn't even think about it...I just did it...


And then after second 2 there is this 'AHH, I am FALLING TO MY DEATH!'




'Fly like an eagle to the sea...fly like an eagle...'








But it was the bouncing up and down that worried me....it felt like my shoes and hence the 'foot' harness was going to fall off...and then I would be down in the rocks below....






Nervous customer ;)








"AHHHH!!!"


But the reactions are so funny...I was not nervous beforehand and just did it, however I probably won't ever do it again...my dad was NERVOUS beforehand, but he liked it and would probably do it again LOL!


Everywhere in Zimbabwe there are vendors, people trying to sell you trinkets cuz the economy is in a shambles...and my dad loved them! Here is, fresh off of his plunge, being welcomed by 'supportive' guys who just happen to want to sell him stuff....so funny...






Umm...yeah....so much more beautiful to just sit, look and contemplate....rather than jump down it, screaming and afraid for your life LOL...












So we decided to end the day with a Sunset Cruise....as I was going towards the boat these guys (mix-match of different tribes...post-modernism has really hit some of the things you think of as African) grabbed me and wanted me to dance with them...what immediately went through my mind was everyone making fun of George Bush dancing with Africans and so I just stood there and clapped...it was funny and fun though....





Duh boat!









Duh Zambezi river....











Duh hippoes!! Woot-woot!











YAWN or display of aggression? Me no wanna find out....











"Sunrise....Sunset.....Sunrise....Sunset..."










CROCODILE!!











Beautiful....