Friday, November 12, 2010

Cape Town, South Africa - 'Scary' Welcome and Table Mountain



so we fly from Durban to Cape Town and we were welcomed by many smiling faces....

That soon turned into....










VERY scary faces! ;) It was Halloween and we were invited by our hostess to take part in the pah-tay ;)

Here is Jason....as....Jason....taking care of the BBQ LOL....









Our hostess Tanya....looking...(cough, clear throat) 'lovely' as always.... (clear throat ;)








Some interesting things occurred that night....Maria....umm....tried a 'new look'....










and who would've thought that amid the blood, guts and eyeball punch that love would blossom ;)













So, I started clapping crazily when I first saw this view on Sunday morning...I probably made Tanya worry, but....

ISN'T IT BEAUTIFUL?!!

And that is where we're headed today....




Getting closer....can you feel it?













Arriving at the top, we see Lion's Head mountain to our left....does NOT look like a lion to me....but 'who am I to judge another'...




From the carpark, looking down...what a view!




There are the cables we've got to climb up, commando-style in order to...


Oh ok, just kidding...that's for the tough people...for fatties like myself, we prefer to take the cable car....


CAPE TOWN!!! WAHOO!!!









This is part of Camps Bay down below where we'll be going later....






NOT sure, but.....the mountain peak off in the distance on the right should be where the Atlantic and Indian oceans come together...kind of the 'tip of Africa'...kind of....






I was GLAD they had a cafe up there...Beega-boy-Aaron was HUN-GREE!








After breakfast....happy Aaron ;)










I guess it was the beautiful views, but I was so caught up in the moment that I grabbed Maria's hand and....







after she rejected me I contemplated jumping for a while, but then I'd just bungee-jumped and I knew that that sensation wasn't great, so....

I decided to continue to live in my ever-present, depressing single state ;)




I focused my 'chi' and got my 'om' back....


Ahhh...much better now.....




This is what the top of Table Mountain looks like...different than I would've thought....and it's really strange cuz underneath the worn-out 'oxidized' tops of the rocks, the rocks are 'orange' underneath....hmmm....





I'd just watched the new 'Karate Kid' movie...












Phriends having Phun ;)










Breathing-taking....Robben Island is off in the distance to the left...








Goodbye beautiful views....








Everything is so transient...nothing remains....oh how I wish I could hold on...but I can't....I must move forward....








Cuz Camps Bay is waiting for us!










Nope....no lion here....










Down and down and down we go....









Hah-cha-cha-chyah!




Love you Table Mountain....love you Cape Town....you're stupendous!